recently diagnosed
can the shrinking of a larger lesion cause smaller lesions to become more active?

Hi & welcome. I don't know the answer to your question but I'm sure one of our smarter members will.

I wouldn't think that one lesion getting smaller would directly cause others to be active. Are they in the same part of your brain?

You said recently diagnosed - what is the dx MS? If so which kind. Sorry for all of the questions but they might help someone give you answers.

Good luck
Erin :)
In the beginning stages of MS the myelin can repair itself. At the same time in other places myelin can be attacked and new lesions appear. This happened to me at the beginning.

It is not a case of a lesion breaking down to other lesions. The T and B cells which are our bodies immune cells cross the blood brain barrier and attack our CNS as if it were a virus. MS is an overreaction of the immune system.

Alex

Hi there,

Adding on a welcome. Like mentioned, the shrinking lesion would not cause others to form or become active that I'm aware of.  

If they did not light up in the past w/contrast, and then at some point in the future they do, it indicates active demyelination in the area seen.

Thanks for joining us, hope you can get back with us and if you feel comfortable, share how you were dx'd, and how you are doing.

-shell