slamming myself on the bed
Weird thing Ive been doing lately is slamming myself on the bed so hard I wake up . Slamming is the only way i can   describe it because Im asleep so its hard to tell what the heck I' m up to. I'm still waiting on my lp (4 weeks this friday) My husband has hit the couch because I'm annoying him. I was thinking maybe I'm just taking out the stress of waiting to find what's wrong in my sleep but Ive woken up several times a month this way for the last few months. My husband can hear me in the living room and has gotten up to check on me. He will ask me in the morning  what are doing I thought you fell out of bed! I must be making a good amount of noise. I notice my best night's sleep happen when I keep the window open . And most days I wake up feeling like I haven't slept at all. Anyone else have sleep problem's like this ?
Sounds like you're having myoclonic jerks at night.  Maybe sleep jerks?
my husband tells me I jerk my leg sometimes at night when I'm sleeping... jerking every few minutes.. have you been tested for Restless Leg syndrome??  

good luck with this and let your Dr know...write it down in your notes..

take care
wobbly
undx
Have you considered a sleep study?  I had one done years ago and discovered I had Restless Leg Syndrome.  Neurontin really helped.

Even if it isn't something like RLS or Periodic Limb Movement Disorder, the sleep study would document what's going on.

Whatever's going on, I hope you can get help in figuring it out and treating it.  Sleep is so important to all of us.

Kathy