sound familiar?
I was diagnosed with bilateral Carpal Tunnel in July 2011.  Had surgery on the right hand Sept 2012.  The numbness and tingling, stiffness  in my fingers /hands did not go away.  No other symptoms.     My internist has made a referral to a neurologist.  

In early February of 2013 I started having tingling in my feet.  Random feelings of numbness also around my neck, lips and face.  The tingling does not last long and is very random.  The past few days I feel dizzy in the mornings.  Everything else feels normal.  I am in my early 50's and in very good health.  I exercise and spend a lot of time outside.  I found this website after reading about MS.    My symptoms sound very familiar to some of those of MS.  
What should my next step be?
Well if you haven't had the neurologist appointment yet, then that's your next step.

I had "carpal tunnel" that wouldn't go away for almost 20 years before being diagnosed with MS. One of this "Ah ha!" moments.
well, the neurologist will probably order blood tests and MRI and do neuro tests in his office.  Did they use the current infusing needles to find your carpal tunnel?  I had it and they told me that I had CT and I did not, never had any symptoms and refused the surgery.
bottom line, I had MS!

yeah, make that appt, sometimes it takes awhile to get in with a good neuro and might look for one who is an MS specialist.  Some are rather benign and just cover basics.