Multiple Sclerosis Community
stem cells in australia

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

stem cells in australia

my boyfreind has ms and i want to know how about getting stem cells surgery in australia

Hi and welcome.
I am not aware of any commercial stem cell therapy available in Australia.

I understand that many countries are doing serious research on it but I'm not sure that their is a conclusive result yet.

I was really excited a few months back when I read an article in the paper about the success of stem cell therapy on a patient in Australia. However, when I raised this with my neuro he just laughed and said the story was bogus.

At this stage there still isn't any known cause or any known cure for MS. That is lovely that you sound so supportive and want to help your boyfriend. You can research lots on the topic here in the top right hand corner and also check out the MS Australia site to see the latest.

I would encourage your boyfriend to stay close to his neuro, and GP plus join this community or one of the many others online and also get in touch with the MS Australia who I think are terrific.

My very best wishes to you and your boyfriend
Blessings
Alex
I think you need to be aware that stem cell is not commonly available anywhere in the world, it is a last resort option and only considered in very very exstreem cases. One of our members who is no longer posting (ps if your still watching, I miss you!) her neuro is the Aust MS neurologist who performed the stem cell therapy, which I'd say is the one Alex is thinking of. He's in canberra and if you want his name i'll do some research and find the details for you, please remember that case was life and death and if your boyfriend is not in similar circumstances and all the available DMD's have not been followed through first, then stem cell will not be an option.

Cheers......JJ
hi supermum i love my boyfreind very much and his case is extreem case and would his name so i can all the imformation i need to help him thanks Leonie 3rd september 2011 143 am
Hi Nonnie, maybe if you can give us some information about your boyfriend we can come up with other suggestions for you. It is incredibly frustrating for our loved ones to watch us struggle with MS and not be able to do much to help,

Lulu