Multiple Sclerosis Community
still waiting for mri diagnisis, so how long have I to wait for a respo...

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

still waiting for mri diagnisis, so how long have I to wait for a response from NHS neuro on average?

Have had my consult with neuro in june and a follow-up mri in july this year and still waiting for response !..called the secretary of said neuro and was told that the results were ready for dictation..wooow.. that helps huh ! .. now that was 2 weeks ago, the docs not heard anything and nor have I since!!

So here I am going out of my head..with stress angst etc...how long does it take huh????
we could be dead with a tumour by the time they get the paperwork together ....if they dont loose it before then...which has happened to me before..........

still waiting and waiting and................

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxkxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tags: long
Hi, yeah I know someone else who's waited over a month for their results, it seems to vary doesn't it, I got mine the next day, the radiologist picked up on signal changes and faxed them to my Dr who rang me - the other side of it is I've waited nearly 12 weeks for my 'urgent' Neurologist appt and I said the same thing 'could be dead by then', in the meantime my symptoms got a lot worse but are now improving - by the time I go next week I have a horrible feeling they're going to say there's nothing wrong with me and to go away, also the Dr gave me a copy of the MRI results 'just in case the hospital mislay them'...

Val x
I hardly ever get test results with in a month. They sent me the first MRI report in the mail and I could not make heads or tails of it. Finally a Dr. not a Neurologist explained it to me. My LP was six weeks.

Alex

If the doctor is taking too long (which they seem to be!) you can call the hospital or place where you got the MRI done and request your records.

I have done that before. They have to make you wait 72 hours after they have given the results to the doctor ( at least that is the rule in NY). You fill out a medical release form and they give you your records which in my case includes the reading of the MRI from the radiologist.  I guess the answer in New York is that a doctor should call you with in 72 hours of getting the results themselves unless you have a follow up appt.

Something to look in to. Why wait longer than you have to for answers!

Erin :)
Harleon is in the United Kingdom, so a phone call won't release the records.  The Brits play by entirely different rules with the NHS calling the shots.

Good luck
Lulu
I didn't realize you were in the UK but I would just keep calling.  I have learned this last year not to wait for anyone, especially here.  You have to take care of it yourself !!

That is too long to wait as far as I am concerned..and then not call when they say they will, we have lives too !!!

good luck,

hugs, meg
Sorry I should have done my homework and found that you are in the United Kingdom!!! Sometimes I forget that we can be so far apart in the world and then sit here talking.

I hope that you find answers soon. Waiting is awful no matter where you are in this world.

Good luck

Erin :)
Hi and welcome to a fellow UKer.

I had to wait until my next scheduled appt. with the neuro for my results. So the last MRI I had went like this:

Appt. Set. 2008, MRI Oct. 2008, results December 2008.

BUT

This year I went for a private appt and it was VERY different.

Appt. April 2009, MRI 2 weeks later, results June 2009. - well ok then even a private appointment took some time as the neuro was too busy and out of the country for part of the time.

My advice would be as the others - chase and chase - get your GP to help you chase it and make a nuisance of yourself with your GP too. If you get no luck there change GP!!!

Good luck
Pat
I am also from the UK...

I had to wait from Oct 08 till my nx appointment with the Balance Clinic in January 09 till I got my results. I do know that if you were to have a tumor they would inform your you/doctor of this straight away.

I would like others have mentioned, just keep ringing them to see if they have any answers for you, as it is horrible having to wait that length of time.

Hope you get your answers soon!!!