still wondering
I am wondering if anyone out there has ever had sensitive teeth as a symptom of ms.  My teeth are very sensitive and I have hip joint pain and some joint pain in elbows and fingers.  Are these common symptoms of ms?  I posted earlier today and have not gotten a response yet.  Does anyone have any ideas and do you, Quix.   thanks
Hi There...

Welcome to our forum.....Unfortunately, I can't answer your questions about teeth and/or joint issues being related to MS....I have never heard of it, but I'm still learning new things on a daily basis....Hopefully someone else will have a better answer than I do...

I also wanted to let you know that your first post was on the Neurology Forum and not here, in the MS Forum....Either way, I'm sorry you didn't get an answer...
Take Care, and I hope you find your answers!
Tammy :)
People with MS can get pain that is called trigeminal neuralgia. It is often mistaken as dental problem. The pain usually occurs on one side of the face. Episodes of TN can last anything from a few seconds to a few minutes or very occasionally longer and can be triggered by a number of factors including laughing, chewing, brushing the teeth, talking, wind on the face or even touching the face.

As far as the joint pain and MS, I've heard of pain when you are experiencing muscle spasms and the muscles pull on the joint or worse, when the joint locks because of the muscle spams.

Hope This Helps
It seems to me tooth pain/sensitive teeth have been discussed here before so maybe someone will come along with something to add to Slightly's information.

Keep checking back...
Wanna