stomach cramps from too much vit D?
My neuro put me on 4000 daily units of vit D - (2000 2x/day).   I have been having bad stomach cramps, bloating,feeling like I'm going to vomit and gas the past few days that flares up in the PM - if I lie down and rest for a while - it resolves.  

Could this be the vit D?

Happy thanksgiving to all the wonderful people who add so much to the best site for MS I have found!
I hope everyone can enjoy family and good food on Thanksgiving!  Many blessings to all.
Wiggles94- when my Dr.put me on high dose Vit D to get my low levels back up I.experienced GI symptoms and Dr told me that's common. Once my levels came to.normal he.put me on a standard dose of.Vit D along with calcium.
Since it is that bad I would call my Dr. He may want to lower your dose.
Happy Thanksgiving to u and everyone on here.
Beema
This seems like a good question for your doctor or his nurse.  I would call today because it will be tough to get through tomorrow.  

If you remember I take a large dose 50,000 units once a week.  I do have some problems with my digestrive track so it would be difficult to pinpoint if it was coming from the pill.  98,000 units is alot!

Perhaps ask him if you can take less

Red
Thanks for the suggestions.

Redflame - I'm confused how you count the units - I am on 4,000/day, so isn't that 28,000/week?  Where does the 98,000 come from?
I am on 50,000 units of vit. D, and I also have constant stomach pain. I don't know if it would be that or all of my medicine combined that causes that heaviness and cramping in my stomach.