swallowing
What feels different between MS swallowing and GERD swallowing?Could I have both?
When I was in my thirties I had GERD so bad I had to have my esophagus stretched,and I lost twenty pounds.Now I have swallowing problems and wonder if it is my MS?
There's been some speculation about MS causing GERD - if the muscles at the top of the stomach that control the valve weaken, then it would open and send gastric juices into the esophagus.

I don't know about that.  But one of my enduring MS symptoms has been an esophageal spasm - usually triggered by indigestion.
I get the esophageal spasms often, I would swear that I am having a Heart attack!!!  they
hurt horribly.   I had upper GI series in the past for indigestion problems, test never
revealed anything.  
Cyndi
Hi Maddy,

Welcome to the forum. You definitely could have both. But important to find out which is causing you the problems so it's treated properly.

Please tell us a little about your dx, how long, what happened, etc. if you are able.

Thank you for joining us
-shell
I am a limbolander, lots of sx no dx yet.....In August I complained of movement in the middle or my chest/throat  (no pain felt like movement) and difficult swallowing. Had scope and dr. said esoph. was twisted.  He dialated it.(Also had this pressure to the right of adams apple

It did work for a while....it is now back with avengence for approx lmos.  Sometime it feels as though my throat is going to close....

Can you comment on this at all?

Thank You!  Ozzy