Multiple Sclerosis Community
symptons of MS?

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

symptons of MS?

my husband is constantly dizzy nauseated about a week ago we wnt to er because he was falling to the left talking like he was drunk they ran mri blood work is normal said it was a minor stroke ive had a few people say this sounds like symptons of MS can you find this out thru a spinal tap should i make him have this done he is affraid of needle
i just found things on VERTIGO? also that sounds more like my loves symptons
Welcome!

I want to make sure I understand.

He has been constantly dizzy and nauseated for a while.

Then a week ago he began falling to the left and talking like he was drunk (this is called ataxia).

Is that right? If so, I am wondering how long he has been dizzy?

Whether it could be MS.. I'll leave that to the many experts on this forum.

A spinal tap could give information about the possibility that he has MS, but it doesn't give you a "for sure" yes or no. Have you asked the doctor what he thinks about MS? The needle certainly is scary. I was shaking like a leaf the first time I face that needle! Actually, the second time, too. But I have to tell you honestly that they hurt no more than getting my blood drawn or having an IV started.

Vertigo certainly would cause dizziness, and that could cause nausea. I would wonder why he has vertigo. There are many things that could cause it.

The ataxic speech could be caused by a problem in the brainstem. Is that where his stroke was?

I'm so sorry you are both going through this! I hope he is feeling better and recovering from his stroke.