Multiple Sclerosis Community
symptons of MS?
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

symptons of MS?

my husband is constantly dizzy nauseated about a week ago we wnt to er because he was falling to the left talking like he was drunk they ran mri blood work is normal said it was a minor stroke ive had a few people say this sounds like symptons of MS can you find this out thru a spinal tap should i make him have this done he is affraid of needle
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
i just found things on VERTIGO? also that sounds more like my loves symptons
Blank
1740498_tn?1328966185
Welcome!

I want to make sure I understand.

He has been constantly dizzy and nauseated for a while.

Then a week ago he began falling to the left and talking like he was drunk (this is called ataxia).

Is that right? If so, I am wondering how long he has been dizzy?

Whether it could be MS.. I'll leave that to the many experts on this forum.

A spinal tap could give information about the possibility that he has MS, but it doesn't give you a "for sure" yes or no. Have you asked the doctor what he thinks about MS? The needle certainly is scary. I was shaking like a leaf the first time I face that needle! Actually, the second time, too. But I have to tell you honestly that they hurt no more than getting my blood drawn or having an IV started.

Vertigo certainly would cause dizziness, and that could cause nausea. I would wonder why he has vertigo. There are many things that could cause it.

The ataxic speech could be caused by a problem in the brainstem. Is that where his stroke was?

I'm so sorry you are both going through this! I hope he is feeling better and recovering from his stroke.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...