Aa
A
A
Close
233622 tn?1279338505
tail bone pain
Anyone with MS have tail bone pain?  I am not sure it is my bone or just that area that hurts.

LA
Cancel
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
147426 tn?1317269232
I have had tailbone pain in the past.  I broke my coccyx when I was about 12, and it has acted up with what felt like arthritis a couple times since then.  If it is the coccyx you will felt pain down near the rectum and passing stool will hurt a lot.  Also squeezing the rectum tightly will elicit the pain.  TYI

Good luck with it.

Q
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
233622 tn?1279338505
Ok, that makes me wonder about the fall down the steps I had about a month ago.  

I just recently started having trouble with pain after sitting.  That  would make sense.

Thanks!

LA
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
198419 tn?1360245956
Oh my gosh! I can't believe you bring this up!

I do a lot.  It's as if I'm sitting directly on it and it's pushing through the skin!  I don't think it's related to MS, but I do have to reajust a lot when it's really bad.

It makes me wonder about a fall I had too when I was a teenager. Someone set my lawn chair to fall when I sat on it...yea, those b'strds huh? But anyway, I remember not being able to walk well w/out pain for such a long time.

I switch from cheek to cheek often for relief, but when it's bad, it's very bad, and seems nothing much relieves it.  I had read that you can get this adjusted by a chiro, but I"m scared of that.

Doesn't it feel as if the bone is going to come through the skin or what?
-Shell
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
233622 tn?1279338505
It is painful.  I feel bruised.  When I fell down the steps I fell on my backside and was very sore and bruised.  

la
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources