Multiple Sclerosis Community
tightening muscles
About This Community:

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

tightening muscles

My neurologist suspects that I have MS, but nothing has shown up on an MRI or EMG.  He is puzzled (as am I) about one symptom:  at random times, the muscles in the back of my arms and legs, my neck and my back feel like they are tightening and being pulled.  This just to the point of being painful and is extremely uncomfortable.  My arms and limbs feel heavy, like they are being pulled downward.  I usually have to sit or lie down.  The episodes exhaust me.  People who have watched this happen say it looks like I am collapsing from the inside.  Has anyone experienced anything like this?  It's just so bizarre.  

Thanks.  
Related Discussions
432312_tn?1265648574
Welcome to this forum!  Glad to have you with us but sorry about the circumstances which bring you here.  

I have had that in my legs, mostly my calves.  After I have had the calf muscles tighten for a time period I start to get Charley horses.  Sometimes in my feet and toes but usually just in my leg muscles... I have had lower back spasm that my neurologist  attributed to the same kind of muscle spasms although they feel different.  When I was getting it often he told me to increase my neurontin a drug that he likes to think is for any MS woe.  I can't say that it helped but it did make it so I could sleep.

I hope that you get answers to this question.  There are a lot of great smart people on here.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Multiple Sclerosis Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...