tightness in back

I am waiting on my brain MRI results. I will get them tomorrow when I go to the neurologist. I did not get a spinal MRI or a lumbar puncture. The neurologist believes all of this is anxiety and I want to believe that, as well.

I have had a wave of random symptoms over the last two weeks that was the catalyst to go to the neurologist. This is the first time I have ever experienced what I fear is an MS exacerbation, and I am trying to stay positive and not convince myself that I will get a diagnosis (in time or now).

I want to ask your opinion on the current sensation I have. Now, most of the tingling and numbness in my extremities is gone. I had it in both arms and legs, but more prominent and lingering in my right calf/foot and left forearm. I had waves of tingles and heavy numbness in my head. I now only have some stiffness in my right calf/foot and off and on bag tightness in my lower back.

I have read everywhere online (adn the neurologist noted) that it is probably not MS since I have these sensations everywhere and none of them last for more than a few days. After that round, I get another round in another place. How is it possible that I am experiencing all of this and have never, ever had a physical reaction to stress in my life?

I originally went to the dr, because I was feeling "off" at times and felt like I was lsurring words (although never noticeable to anyone else). Any insight would be appreciated.

jek