Multiple Sclerosis Community
tongue

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

tongue

My tongue for almost 2 months feels like it has been stuck in a 9 volt battery.   This sensation goes from the tip  to the middle of the tongue.  It has like a metal feeling?  It is really bothersome.
Hi, I have the same thing, and my neuro says she is "perplexed" by what is going on.  Somehow it gets worse in the day after I have some sweets.... ( don't know if that has anything to do with it at all) .... I would describe mine as a bad burn from hot food ( temperature) ..... is that what you are feeling?

Sorry I can't help, but wanted to let you know that you are not alone
It changes how food tastes, and feels constantly burnt.  I've had this since May I think...  The good news is that eventually you sort of get used to it--like all the other sensory symptoms, lol!
We get to have all kinds of cool sensations others do not have. I have spasms and bite my tongue all the time. I know I am doing it, I bite hard and can't stop. I thought I was having seizures when it started. Funny what you can get used to.

Alex
thank you Alex........I truly thought I was the only one who bit their tongue!
I don't feel so alone!  I had suspected spasms but dismissed it for some reason or other that I can't remember.

I have the "feeling burnt" sensation too from time to time.
Hi! Although I haven't been officially diagnosed yet (still in the CIS stage) I have a good idea of what you're talking about! My tongue was the first symptom that really made me aware that something was up, although there's a chance I was ignoring other ones before that. One side of my tongue suddenly went numb. This then progressed to a freezing cold and ever since has had a burnt/pins and needles/"wrong" feeling about it. I've just hit the 8 month mark with it so there's a good chance it's never going to fully resolve. But I know exactly what you're feeling! Nice to know someone else out there is going through something similar.
A friend of mine used to have this problem as well.  She's been getting into natural remedies for her MS symptoms more, and she says they're helping.  Changing her diet seemed to make a difference for her.  She ended up greatly reducing her meat intake to the point that she almost eats none.  She also tries to eat a ton of different fruits and vegetables.  Eating a variety of nutritious foods can guard against deficiency issues (preventing your body from regenerating its damaged cells), and avoiding junk food (especially partially hydrogenated oils) may help your symptoms as well.