Multiple Sclerosis Community
weak legs

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

weak legs

My legs keep getting weaker. I'm guessing I really over did it this weekend (although I didn't do THAT much)

I'm getting a little more fearful every time I go to stand up. They feel like they just want to collapse.

I'm lucky in that I sit all day at my job, but occasionally I do have to get up. I don't want to fall at work.
However, if I do fall, I'm in good hands (I work at a health center). I'd rather not let everyone see me fall though.

Anyone else deal with this?

I'm also at the point of my dx progress where the neuro just keeps sending me back to my primary. I'm tired of the dead ends.

My left leg is pretty weak. Mine is a combo from weakness & spasticity. I think the spasticity makes my legs even weaker. My doctors finally said that they could give me meds for just about anything, but there is nothing they can do for the weakness...so my neuro ordered PT.

It's helped a little..I see some improvements, but if I do move around a lot, all the improvements are out the window..I'm back to the abnormal gait issues.

I understand what your going through and wish you the best. I can also relate to the DX dead ends too.

Take Care & Hang in there
Hey, MonkeyMom!  Consider getting a cane to help you out.  You're going to have to admit at some point that you're having trouble walking - a cane will be better than falling and potentially breaking a bone.
I hope you start feeling better soon. Have you called your neuro about the weakness? It may be something he would want to check out.

I have issues with weakness in my left leg and I am so glad it is not in both, although lately my right leg has been twitching alot and getting the pains that my left one started with. I hope it resides and goes aways soon.

I agree with jensequitur, maybe you should invest in a cane. I know it is not something that anyone wants to use but sometimes you have no choice and like she said it is better than falling.

Good luck,

Paula
MonkeyMom, my legs are weak too.  Some days I can use a walker.  I was never able to use a cane.  It was never enough to keep me stable even in the beginning.  If I had to do it all over?  I would have had my scooter!!!  Because there are days it is impossible for me to walk far.  My lesions are in my spine and leg weakness is usually very prominent.  If I had another wish to do over?  I wish I hadn't been so proud and stubborn and given into the pain much earlier.  (I wouldn't have been such a crabby witch to live with...and I mean that)