wet feeling on dry leg

My left knee feels like it  is wet or as if air is blowing by an open wound.
The knee is normal to the touch and looks normal.
What is this?

This discussion is related to Desperate for answers.
Hi, and welcome to the forum.  what brings you to an MS forum?  Have you been diagnosed or is MS being condsidered?

What you are feeling is called a paresthesia.  It's a "wrong" or altered signal from a sensation nerve.

We have an article we wrote on this called, "Paresthesias - Things that Go BUZZ in the night:

http://www.medhelp.org/health_pages/Multiple-Sclerosis/Paresthesias---Things-That-Go-BUZZ-in-the-Night/show/378?cid=36

Your parasthesia feels cold and a little painful.  I had one on my inner thigh that felt like warm liquid running down my leg.  I kept checking to see if I really was peeing myself - not!

Please hop in and tell us what brings you here.

Quix
Hey Sunshine,

Welcome, to the forum!  Hope you like our group, we're a nice caring group.  You know, I get the same exact thing.  It's happened to me quite a few times.  I get it same as Quix, feels like warm liquid is running down my leg.  It's always the same side,  Had to check and see, like Quix, if something let loose, cause have had some bladder issues lately, But when I checked, there was nothing there.  It's crazy, almost like, but not quite cause it's a different sensation, but like when it feels like bugs are crawling on my head.  Very unnerving.  I'm not yet dx.  Are you dx?  

We would love to hear a little bit about what you've been going through.
Have the sensation of like a single cold raindrop fell onto the back side of my left knee and runs down a few centimeters. Am being tested for ms, had an MRI but no results yet. I've had other sensory problems before that I kept track of; superficial numbness in upper legs and arms and face, itchy palms, restless leg syndrome, tickle like flutter in ears and waves of flashing lights when I move my eyes quickly and blink.  All this occurring in the past 9-12 months off and on. The wet cold water sensation was what finally made me tell my doc about all these symptoms. It was getting too weird!  Doc said could be ms, plaque, or virus. All my bloodwork was fine. Anxious about MRI findings, if any. But not too worried because even if it does turn out to be ms, I still will maintain my pos outlook on life and refuse to let it bring me down. It won't define me! Life's too short! Not scared. Always live for today and make it count.