Multiple Sclerosis Community
what does this mean??? MRI Possible MS??

Our Patient-to-Patient MS Forum is where you can communicate with other people who share your interest in Multiple Sclerosis. This forum is not monitored by medical professionals.

T2 shine through in bilateral frontal love white matter and periatrial area. Changes are suggested near splenium of corpus callosum and posterior limb internal capsule regions or adjacent ventral lateral thalami. These are conspicuous given patients age. Although there is increased signal on the diffusion weighted sequence there is no correspondingly low signal on ADC Map which suggest T2 shine through. Non specific demyelination is favored. Sulcation pattern is also prominent. The major intracranial flow voids are intact.
Someone explain some of this to me Nero apt in 2 weeks
Welcome to the group -

Radiology reports are very difficult for mere mortals to understand. WHat you posted sounds as if it's from the "Findings" section of the report. The term Shine Through is new to me, but I'm not a doctor...

Is there a section of the report caleed Impressions, or something similar? It's where the radiologist will give possible causes for the findings.

Kyle
Impression: Patchy areas of white matter T2 signal alteration conspicuous given age of patient. Non specific demylination is favored for this appearance
I do wish they would try and speak at least a little human :-) I can never tell whether "conspicuous given age of patient" means is to be expected in a patient of this age or is not to be expected in a patient of this age.

What I can make out is that he/she thinks that the findings are likely caused by demyelination of unknow underlying cause. This would be rather than findings believed to be caused by ischemia (blood flow related) or some other cause. If you've been poking around you know that demyelination is the root of all MS evil.

Radiologists are not diagnosticians. Giving "nonspecific demyelination" is not the same as "You have MS". You need to discuss these results with your neuro. Do you have an appointment?

Kyle
Yes, and it means not normal given patients age. I'm only 30. I know can't they put something in English! I've had migraines and leg pain and sometimes tingling like my hand or leg is asleep