Muscular Dystrophy Community
Could it be MD?

Muscular Dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 inherited diseases that cause muscle weakness and muscle loss and eventually cause you to lose the ability to walk. Discuss topics including Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), other types of MD, symptoms and ways to improve quality of life.

Could it be MD?

I am eighteen years old and I am afraid I might have Becker's Muscular Dystrophy. I don't know for sure, but I have read greatly on the subject and it seems that I fit a number of the symptoms. I have difficulty climbing stairs, i.e my legs get very tired very easily and I get exhausted after the first few stair steps. I have very large calf muscles and I always have. I have frequent leg cramps. I have difficulty running, i.e I get severe cramps in my legs and cannot run far without becoming exhausted. I have difficulty standing from sitting on the floor and chairs. I have severe chest pain that cannot be explained by cardiac workups, asthma, or normal chest wall issues. I have difficulty carrying heavy things, i.e jugs of milk, heavy bags of groceries, but I have been able to improve my abilities by working hard and working with weights. I have had elevated CPK levels at times. I have been diagnosed with a non-degenerative congenital myopathy, I think that's what it is called. I don't want to think that it might be MD, but I really can't help but feel it is. Does this even sound like MD?
It all fits...except for the part about lifting weights and seeing an improvement.
With MD there is no improvement...just better days than others.