Husbands acts strange due to muscle aches..
My husband and I are newly married. A few days ago, he was in another room with the door closed and I walked in on him doing something strange. He was standing in the middle of the room with his arms tucked in to where his fists are by his armpits, and he was punching out over and over very quickly. I think I startled and embarrassed him when I asked what he was doing. Later he said he feels like his muscles tighten up and he has to do that to relieve them. The next day I noticed him standing again but bending over very fast over ad over. To be honest it's really freaking me out and I don't know if there is something wrong with him or not since he said he's always done it. He said he told his parents as a child but they never took him to the doctor or anything. It's very weird to me for a grown man to throw his body around like he does. since this incident, I've noticed he does it more than once a day. He seems healthy other than that and hes 22 years old. Has anyone ever seen this before or know what it could be?  Thanks
Sounds like it could be Tourette's Syndrome, and that he's using the excuse of tightening muscles to throw you off.
I mention TS simply because most of the people in my family have it ( along with MD ) and it sounds more like a TS symptom than an MD one.
TS causes people to do "strange/weird" motions etc that they cannot control. Sometimes they have the ability to "run and hide" and let their "tics" out  in private...sometimes they can't.
My brother and my son's pediatrician  have both learned over the years how to adapt their tics into a "normal" conversation.
BUT that is not necessarily true. It could be that he actually does have some sort of tightening, but I would doubt that it's MD.
MD generally causes pain and other nasty side effects...and that would lead him to the doctor.

Perhaps he has OCD? ADHD?

I would tell him to go see a doctor. If it's something serious like MD he would want to start on an exercise program/meds before it's too late.

Could be a type of arthritis too.
Hi tshock// there is a type of muscular dystrophy with myotonia where exercise can be helpful. Hyperkalemic Periodic Paralysis..warming or exercising the muscles can ease up the myotonia.. a little experiment might be in order.. suggest your husband drink a coke full sugar when experiencing these tight feelings in his muscles.. the resultant insulin production should cause the tightness to ease up. If however It worsens with sugar ingestions he may be having problems when his potassium is shifting lower.. Most regular doctors are not knowledgeable about these conditions.. even some of the mdystrophy doctors are not knowledgeable.. the hypokalemic periodic paralysis International is an excellent source of information on these conditions... kcb
Hello, my name is Sommer Courtney and I am a 25 year old female. I am looking for any insight on Muscular Dystrophy. It runs in my family on my dad's side. My aunt, nephew, and uncle all have it. I'm scared because my legs have been bothering me and it feels like I always have to stretch them. Then on top of that I've been having horrible pains in the muscles right by my shoulder blades, that sometimes radiates down my left arm. If you have any insight on my situation, I would greatly appreciate it if, you could respond back to me on here or please feel free to email me at sommer_c***@****

Thank you so very much for taking time out of your life to read and help me.