Muscular Dystrophy Community
burning muscle pain and frequest falls
About This Community:

Muscular Dystrophy (MD) refers to a group of more than 30 inherited diseases that cause muscle weakness and muscle loss and eventually cause you to lose the ability to walk. Discuss topics including Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), other types of MD, symptoms and ways to improve quality of life.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning muscle pain and frequest falls

41 yr. old woman for the past yr I have had symptoms starting with some falls and burning horrific pain in my R forearm, it let up for a few months only having back and scapula/shoulder pain then the burning came back (about 5 months ago and hasnt gone away) to my R forearm and spread quickly to L forearm then both biceps both triceps, both shoulders, both of the scapula, all muscle in my back, my peck muscles and upper and lower abdominal muscles(all of prior three makes it feel as though something heavy is on my chest and I cant breathe properly) my thighs back and front and both calves, intense burning pain i rank it up there with hard labor pains, maybe worse...yes worse @ times, kind of pain almost makes u pass out and hope u don’t wake up or actually commit suicide. HORRIFIC pain. the only  the amount of falls has increase dramatically within past few months and now, i get up take 2 or 3 steps and BAM all my weight crashes to the floor i land on my knees most often, this has happened 4 times over past 6 1/2 weeks i went to ER one of those times because i was bruised from head to toe from falls and bumping into walls and furniture. They gave me a CT which showed calcification of the basal ganglia cant remember interior L or R cant remember ventricle. Anyway when i research it sounds like a lower motor neuron disease because its affecting my limbs and breathing muscles. nothing in my face or throat. I do have tics i guess where my arm leg or hand muscles will move or jump  involuntarily. I end up kicking furniture or throwing something that is in my hand or other times while grasping objects my hand just "lets go" of whatever I'm holding. I'm also plagued with nausea constantly, at times vomiting. I am having trouble remembering things, at times say things that don’t make sense, even though I think first and what i want to say doesn’t come out something entirely different comes out. Also last yr when it first began with my forearm i had a litany of blood tests and my CK level i believe is supposed to b normal up to 79?? Anyway mine was somewhere in the 300 range. I didn’t know then what it means, but i think know if i had it checked it would b just as if not higher due to the multiple muscles now affected. My NEW dr refuses to give me a test to check ck levels but did order RA ANA and all the other tests which i know i don’t have and all negative, he knows nothing about any of this as he told me when i mentioned MD he said to me, that doesn’t add up ur not a male and ur too old????? I mean come on aren’t 75% of MD types both men and women? He is one who does not admit when he is wrong, and tells me maybe my vision and falling is because i need glasses, go make an eye apt...OMG...doesn’t all this info add up to some sort of a neurological/muscular disease...he also told me that everyone has calcification of the basal ganglia, and i sd yes but r they also having all these symptoms of falling and muscle pain ect??? Also refused to refer me to a neurologist/and order the brain MRI ER dr. told me to follow up with when i went to ER and ER Dr. sd to see nuero/and have MRI because of the CT results and symptoms, my Dr. says he doesn’t trust any ER Dr. and if Einstein’s brother told him to get me a MRI he wouldn’t do it, I  then sd well if Einstein had a brother and he was a Dr. I think I’d trust him obviously "smarts" run in the family........ OK so here i am and am in great pain from typing this. I think I'm dying and NO ONE WILL EVEN listen...please help anyone with any ideas. Besides gettn a new Dr...I already know that. Oh yes also I normally weigh 140 lbs and since this has happened I now weigh 115 lbs, u can tell by look at me I am very sick i almost look anorexic