Are there exceptions?
I was diagnosed with myelodysplasia RAEB-1 of the red blood cells in February 2008.  My hemoglobin ranges from 8.0 to 10.5. I am told by my hematologist that I should have no symptoms unless I get down to 8.0 or 9.0.  Maybe I shouldn't but I do.  I get short of breath and develop extreme fatigue at 10.0 and below.  Does anyone else out there have this problem?
hello i am also new to this Ihae thoes symptoms .my red cells are after a blood transfusiion around 103. It then drops at a resonable reate to around 92, taking sometimes 3 weeks or so to do that, then it can drop ,as it did this time, from 87 to 78 in 36 hours and taht gave me a bit of a shake up ,im not easily scared ,but that one brought me undone..andi like you at round 103,  feel at times ,when i try to walk 40yards, i am all puffed out, etc etc...and my face goes white as a sheet,andi feel horrible until i sit down regroup and off i go again.....the extream fatigue kicks in for me, at around 88, i go to bed feeling exhausted and wake up with it.. until i have the transfusion thenit takes me two weeks to feel any way good, it lastsfor around 5 weeks, and im off down again....same all over again....i hopeyour feelinng well today....what i am finding really hard ,because i live alone,is that i have no one i can talk to about it...that is the hardest part....danielleAA....