Help!
I am attempting to reach a diag. I have been sick, if you want to call it that, for almost two years.  My symptoms include muscle pain, fatigue, weakness, exhaustion, chest pain, shortness of breath.  I have had the whole work up with no diag.  I finally had a muscle biopsy.  I am an athlete so this has really grounded me.  My biopsy was abnormal.  It states "Mild endomysial perivascular lymphocyitc infiltrates and focal muscle fiber necrosis consistent with mild myositis.  They mention polymyositis, systemic lupus, sjogren's syndrome as poss. in the pathology report.  It talks about having lymphocytes surrounding the necrotic muscle tissue.  Also shows abnormal expression of MHC class antigens on the surface of some normal appearing muscle.  I saw  one of my dr. today, who is not a specialist in this field, but read the report and felt it was early stage poly.  that was not showing in the blood work yet.  Can anyone comment?  I am waiting for the nuerol. to get back to me as it was a general surg. who did the biopsy.  Thanks

thanks for the query,

It seems like you have done everything necessary and are on the right track to getting a proper diagnosis and treatment, please be patient and am sorry to hear that it is interfering with your athletics.

Wish you good health.