ankle and calf pain
hi my wife is been going threw alot she has these pains since 2002.Her ankle she had surgery on her ankle to fix a ligaments that was on her ankle bone and had to put a capsule to keep the muscle in place.Know she fell on it and took her to the hospital and they took xrays of her ankle and foot there were arrows on the xrays where her ankle bone are what  does that mean?She is complaning about calf pains since 2002.some doctor had told her she might have myositis.and the other doctor told her she has a infection of the muscles.Can you help her and I?Thank you
Hi. The arrows usually indicate suspicious abnormality or injury in the area of concern. Ankle pain can be associated with calf tenderness in circulation disorders (e.g. venous thrombosis or insufficiency) and Achilles tendon inflammation or rupture. Although mild joint or muscle tenderness is common in myositis, it is the progressive weakening of the muscles that is most striking in this condition. To determine the cause of your wife’s symptoms, your doctor might need to perform imaging procedures (MRI scan), muscle and blood tests to confirm a diagnosis. You are free to ask a second opinion from another doctor if you still have doubts. Hope this helps.