should I worry
my son was medically discharged from the army due to "myositis" or cpk, his enzymes were 23,600. They said he was on the verge of heat stroke and made him stay under a air conditioner and drink water for a week. He is home now and I don;t know how serious it is.
How is your son? Myositis is inflammation of the skeletal or voluntary muscles. This can be due to an injury, infection or autoimmune disease leading to an elevation of creatine kinase in the blood. There are different kinds of myositis. Treatment for the myopathies includes rest, physical therapy, and medications like corticosteroids and
disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD). It is also recommended that sun exposure is avoided. Talk yo his doctors about your son's condition and findings to ease any worries. Take care and do keep us posted.