Myositis Community
should I worry

WELCOME TO THE MYOSITIS COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Myositis which is an inflammation of skeletal muscles, which are also called the voluntary muscles. These are the muscles you consciously control that help you move your body. An injury, infection or autoimmune disease can cause myositis.

should I worry

my son was medically discharged from the army due to "myositis" or cpk, his enzymes were 23,600. They said he was on the verge of heat stroke and made him stay under a air conditioner and drink water for a week. He is home now and I don;t know how serious it is.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How is your son? Myositis is inflammation of the skeletal or voluntary muscles. This can be due to an injury, infection or autoimmune disease leading to an elevation of creatine kinase in the blood. There are different kinds of myositis. Treatment for the myopathies includes rest, physical therapy, and medications like corticosteroids and
disease-modifying antirheumatic drug (DMARD). It is also recommended that sun exposure is avoided. Talk yo his doctors about your son's condition and findings to ease any worries. Take care and do keep us posted.