I want to get off methadone but doctor wont lower me
I have been on methadone for about 6 months now,I have been on 20mg since I started.I have 3 carries.My goal was to be on methadone for a couple of months but you see I have a problem with my methadone doctor no matter what I say he does not want to lower my dose he simple refuses to lower me and I thought as a patient I have the right to say when I get lowered.Can anyone help me figure out how I can get him to lower me
I haven't been on Methadone for very long myself, but I was told by the doctor that I control whether my dose goes up or down and I have made adjustments(up & down) to my dose without any problems.
Why has your dose stayed so low? What does the doctor say when you ask to lower your dose?
I'm not sure what the situation is there, but maybe you should try transferring to another clinic?
Good Luck!

Pete
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
BanMethadone commented on msdelight's status
Jan 01
renae176 commented on Comfortable
May 06