NEW METHADONE COMMUNITY; 2011 User Group
I want to get off methadone but doctor wont lower me
About This Group:

This is a new Methadone group starting in March;2011. This is a group for anyone currently on Methadone, looking to start Methadone,getting off Methadone or just in need of an answer about Methadone. If you currently have an addiction to another drug, please stay. Addiction is a lonely place and everyone is here for the same reason. We need someone to talk to. Please be kind and respect each others feelings. Please feel free to talk about everyday life or something important that is going on. If you need help please ask. If you do not get an answer, please go to "Marebear74" and try there. This is my username and my MedHelp site. I am always here to listen to anything you need to talk about. Best Wishes To You!!!!

Founded by Marebear74 on March 28, 2011
61 members

I have been on methadone for about 6 months now,I have been on 20mg since I started.I have 3 carries.My goal was to be on methadone for a couple of months but you see I have a problem with my methadone doctor no matter what I say he does not want to lower my dose he simple refuses to lower me and I thought as a patient I have the right to say when I get lowered.Can anyone help me figure out how I can get him to lower me
1 Comment
I haven't been on Methadone for very long myself, but I was told by the doctor that I control whether my dose goes up or down and I have made adjustments(up & down) to my dose without any problems.
Why has your dose stayed so low? What does the doctor say when you ask to lower your dose?
I'm not sure what the situation is there, but maybe you should try transferring to another clinic?
Good Luck!

Pete
BanMethadone commented on BanMethadone's status
Aug 27
Shannon79 commented on Time flies
Aug 27
Time flies
Aug 27 by BanMethadone