NEW METHADONE COMMUNITY; 2011 User Group
Metadone clinic for 5 years and had enough!
About This Group:

This is a new Methadone group starting in March;2011. This is a group for anyone currently on Methadone, looking to start Methadone,getting off Methadone or just in need of an answer about Methadone. If you currently have an addiction to another drug, please stay. Addiction is a lonely place and everyone is here for the same reason. We need someone to talk to. Please be kind and respect each others feelings. Please feel free to talk about everyday life or something important that is going on. If you need help please ask. If you do not get an answer, please go to "Marebear74" and try there. This is my username and my MedHelp site. I am always here to listen to anything you need to talk about. Best Wishes To You!!!!

Founded by Marebear74 on March 28, 2011
61 members

I have been on a methadone clinic for 5 years now and since i started have not used any other drugs. i have had all clean drug tests, attend counseling twice a month and are on weekly take-homes so i only need to go to the clinic once a week. I started the clinic because i got pregnant and had my son on the clinic. My son is now almost 4 years old and i have been decreasing my dose for over a year! I was on 215mg and have gotten down to 52mg. I want to get off! I am so ready to live a "normal" life, whatever that might be. I have done a great jog so far coming from 215mg but now its getting harder. I dont know what to do. I have to be able to function to take care of my son so i am not able to be miserably sick and in bed all day. I have yet to find a detox that will accept me into there program to get off methadone. I need help on what i should do. If its best to ween off and how much i should go down a week and what not. My old counselor was amazing she knew alot and was great but ending up leaving. my new counselor i like but she really doesnt know much to be honest. anytime i ask her what i should come down she has no clue what i should do and asks me what i wan tto decrease my dose by. i need some suggestions and help! and wanted to knwo if anyone also has ever done rapid detox? anyone any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated! I just need to get off. I hate waking up every mornig sick having to take my dose to get thru the day. I am greatful for what the clinic has done in my life. I wouldnt be were i am today if not for the clinic, so its not all bad but i never knew it would be this tough to get off the clinic once i wanted to get off! thanks in advance!
Jessica
1 Comment
I hope you're still on here...I can soooooo relate to your post....please let me know if you are.....
BanMethadone commented on BanMethadone's status
Aug 27
Shannon79 commented on Time flies
Aug 27
Time flies
Aug 27 by BanMethadone