Metadone clinic for 5 years and had enough!
I have been on a methadone clinic for 5 years now and since i started have not used any other drugs. i have had all clean drug tests, attend counseling twice a month and are on weekly take-homes so i only need to go to the clinic once a week. I started the clinic because i got pregnant and had my son on the clinic. My son is now almost 4 years old and i have been decreasing my dose for over a year! I was on 215mg and have gotten down to 52mg. I want to get off! I am so ready to live a "normal" life, whatever that might be. I have done a great jog so far coming from 215mg but now its getting harder. I dont know what to do. I have to be able to function to take care of my son so i am not able to be miserably sick and in bed all day. I have yet to find a detox that will accept me into there program to get off methadone. I need help on what i should do. If its best to ween off and how much i should go down a week and what not. My old counselor was amazing she knew alot and was great but ending up leaving. my new counselor i like but she really doesnt know much to be honest. anytime i ask her what i should come down she has no clue what i should do and asks me what i wan tto decrease my dose by. i need some suggestions and help! and wanted to knwo if anyone also has ever done rapid detox? anyone any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated! I just need to get off. I hate waking up every mornig sick having to take my dose to get thru the day. I am greatful for what the clinic has done in my life. I wouldnt be were i am today if not for the clinic, so its not all bad but i never knew it would be this tough to get off the clinic once i wanted to get off! thanks in advance!
Jessica
I hope you're still on here...I can soooooo relate to your post....please let me know if you are.....
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Yaya201676 commented on my methadone withdraw...
Apr 15
Yaya201676 is ...new to Chicago area!! Comment
Apr 15
Yaya201676 joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 15