NEW METHADONE COMMUNITY; 2011 User Group
Vitamins and minerals new joined 12/3/2011
About This Group:

This is a new Methadone group starting in March;2011. This is a group for anyone currently on Methadone, looking to start Methadone,getting off Methadone or just in need of an answer about Methadone. If you currently have an addiction to another drug, please stay. Addiction is a lonely place and everyone is here for the same reason. We need someone to talk to. Please be kind and respect each others feelings. Please feel free to talk about everyday life or something important that is going on. If you need help please ask. If you do not get an answer, please go to "Marebear74" and try there. This is my username and my MedHelp site. I am always here to listen to anything you need to talk about. Best Wishes To You!!!!

Founded by Marebear74 on March 28, 2011
61 members

Hello to every one. I am a 49 year old male from PA. I have been taking methadone for a little over two years for chronic pain. 80 mgs 4 20 mgs doses per day. Like alot of people I should have researched all information about methadone before becoming physically dependant. Who cares about long withdrawals when you are in pain and relief is offered to you? I wanted the pain to be gone. Methadone takes away pain,also it takes alot more than just your pain. After a period of time it does not fell so good any longer. I bacame unable to concentrate (function) on it.With no emotions. No motavation..... I am now on day 8 without methadone. I did a 2 month taper. No matter the reason for taking methadone I think any one who is on it took it for pain just to make the suffering stop. Unbearable pain reguardless of its exact cause. I do realize for some people methadone works very well for them. Myself for me after about a year I knew I had to get off it. I did read alot of posts on this site. Advice for vitamins and minerals and nutrition whey protein the whole bit I have done for 2 months now. With little efect.               I have a question about vitamins and minerals and good nutrition. Does methadone after being on it for a long time make your bodies digestive system unable to absorb and process certain nutrients (vitamins and minerals) .After we age I think we become unable to absorb B vitamins. I never felt as unhealthy as I do now. Also after exercising does break down and build up of muscle seem to take twice as long while on methadone.
Tags: Vitamins
1 Comment
I have seen on here ALOT that calcium, magnesium and zinc helps alot. i am detoxing off of methadone now...was on 90 mgs...now on 40...will soon be on 20 then going into medical detox.....this post is kinda old....how are you doing now??? i hope well.....
BanMethadone commented on BanMethadone's status
Aug 27
Shannon79 commented on Time flies
Aug 27
Time flies
Aug 27 by BanMethadone