Vitamins and minerals new joined 12/3/2011
  Hello to every one. I am a 49 year old male from PA. I have been taking methadone for a little over two years for chronic pain. 80 mgs 4 20 mgs doses per day. Like alot of people I should have researched all information about methadone before becoming physically dependant. Who cares about long withdrawals when you are in pain and relief is offered to you? I wanted the pain to be gone. Methadone takes away pain,also it takes alot more than just your pain. After a period of time it does not fell so good any longer. I bacame unable to concentrate (function) on it.With no emotions. No motavation..... I am now on day 8 without methadone. I did a 2 month taper. No matter the reason for taking methadone I think any one who is on it took it for pain just to make the suffering stop. Unbearable pain reguardless of its exact cause. I do realize for some people methadone works very well for them. Myself for me after about a year I knew I had to get off it. I did read alot of posts on this site. Advice for vitamins and minerals and nutrition whey protein the whole bit I have done for 2 months now. With little efect.               I have a question about vitamins and minerals and good nutrition. Does methadone after being on it for a long time make your bodies digestive system unable to absorb and process certain nutrients (vitamins and minerals) .After we age I think we become unable to absorb B vitamins. I never felt as unhealthy as I do now. Also after exercising does break down and build up of muscle seem to take twice as long while on methadone.
I have seen on here ALOT that calcium, magnesium and zinc helps alot. i am detoxing off of methadone now...was on 90 mgs...now on 40...will soon be on 20 then going into medical detox.....this post is kinda old....how are you doing now??? i hope well.....
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
BanMethadone commented on msdelight's status
Jan 01
renae176 commented on Comfortable
May 06