just researching
i have researched alot of different sites, and i am looking for all the symptoms for methadone withdrawal, he is down dosing 5mg a week, from 90 to 45 and the irratability is here, what should i expect & how can i help?
I am not a doctor but what I found that helped me when I was tapering down for my detox from Methadone was
*Calcium, Magnesium, Zinc vitamins (all three will be on the label). I believe that they draw out the toxins in the body and help with withdrawal symptoms. I took two to three at a time three times a day
*Ensure: it helped with the nutrients your body is lacking since the body has nothing to replace what the methadone does your body needs extra nutrients at this time
*Valeria root for sleep...make sure it is valeria root and not the supplement. Look at the ingredients and find the one that has the most valeria in it.
*Vitamins: i took two or three a day twice a day...also helps the body with the  supplements that it needs
*Heating pad: my muscles ached so so so bad and this helped relax them...a nice bath helps to
*Gatorade...i can not remember the specifics for this one but it does help
* PANIC ATTACKS OR ANXIETY....I had these horribly 24 hrs after my last dose because that is when your body runs out of the methadone...I went to see my counselor and she referred me to a doctor there so he could give me non addictive anxiety meds. I had to move alot and felt really uncomfortable around people I didn't know because I had to rock myself or do other things and if they didn't know me it made it even worse
*Detox varies person to person as far as symptoms...these were just things that helped me so I hope they also help and inform you some more :)
*I can not think of any other tips right now but if I do I will make sure to let you know...I had only a week and half to two weeks of symptoms which I found out is extremely rare...all these REALLY helped me cut down the withdrawal symptoms and make it to the other side (that's what it felt like to me and the best way to describe detox from methadone!)
You must join this user group in order to participate in this discussion.
Yaya201676 commented on my methadone withdraw...
Apr 15
Yaya201676 is ...new to Chicago area!! Comment
Apr 15
Yaya201676 joined this group
Welcome them!
Apr 15