Neonatology Expert Forum
Mild unilateral Ventriculomegaly
About This Forum:

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mild unilateral Ventriculomegaly

I'm 27 years old. I'm in 22nd week of pregnancy, I just had my anomaly Scan. In this both lateral ventricles were checked , the left lateral ventricle measured 10 mm [ was persistently in the far field and clearly visualised] and the right ventricle measured 7.3mm [was persistently in the near field]. I've been advised to come for a repeat scan at 24 weeks.
This impression suggested of Mild Unilateral Ventriculomegaly.
Are these Numbers normal? Please suggest
My previous pregnancy had to be terminated in 5th month due to multiple anomalies [due to bilateral hydrocephalus, duodenal atresia and congenital heart disease. Karyotype done and was normal. Autopsy was done and hydrocephalus and duodenal atresia were confirmed]