Neonatology Expert Forum
Ultram/tramadol pregancy. Worried of birth defects and developmental pr...
About This Forum:

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ultram/tramadol pregancy. Worried of birth defects and developmental problems. PLEASE HELP

I am 17 weeks into my pregnancy. All blood work has come back normal. I have been taking around 200mg or less of Ultram throug out my pregnancy. I am nervous that my child will have developmental , physical or mental problems as a result of this. Not sure what to do. If you took this or know someone who did can you please offer insight. I would greatly appreciate it. I feel so awful and so guilty. I stopped for 3 weeks durring my 1st trimester though. Scared my child will be slow or developmentally delayed or something will be wrong. please help. No one ever seems to answer my posts.
Related Discussions
527625_tn?1229492858
Generally speaking, the risks of structural damage to the fetus from taking Ultram is low, although it is higher than the general population of mothers who do not take this particular drug.  Like all pain medications, however, the risk vs. benefit decision of whether to continue taking Ultram is an individual one that can only be made by you and your physician.  There is no need to feel guilty if you have had an open discussion with your physician about using Ultram and have made a joint decision that it is the best treatment option during this pregnancy.
1 Comment
Blank
A related discussion, Ultram and Pregnancy was started.
Blank
Continue discussion Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank