Neonatology Expert Forum
Ultrasounds and "Problems"
About This Forum:

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ultrasounds and "Problems"

Hi -

I am an "older" pregnant mom - just turned 42 and am 34 weeks pregnant.

I have taken hydrcodone and ultram (early on) and antibiotics during this pregnancy for everything from migraines to horrible respiratory infections - yes, being pregnant and old is lame!  I have had excellent prenatal care at CPMC and SF Perinatal including late ultrasounds for growth (30 weeks  - normal growth with a little over 4.25 lb baby -- and will be scanned again at 36 weeks.)  I also had a normal CVS.  

My question:  given all the diagnostic tests, can I assume that the medications have not caused any problems?  What percentage of "things that can go wrong" are seen in ultrasounds, etc.  

Just a bit paranoid,
Thanks,
Holly