Neonatology Expert Forum
are 9mm lateral ventricles something to worry about in my 24 week fetus...

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

are 9mm lateral ventricles something to worry about in my 24 week fetus?

hi,
im 25 weeks pregnant and i just had an ultra sound....my sonologist wrote something in it which worried me...she wrote that the "bilateral lateral ventricles of my fetus measure 0.9 cm and that they are insignificant at present" but need to be followed up after a month....i just want to no what the normal range is and if i should be worried...my doc told me that it is within the normal range and there is nothing to worry about ,they are just following it up...
please tell me it is all good?
Tags: Pregnancy
If no other abnormalities are found, lateral ventricles that are less than or equal to 10 mm have a low risk of neurodevelopmental problems.  It is important to have the follow up ultrasounds to see whether the ventricles change over time (they might even get smaller).
1 Comment