Neonatology Expert Forum
can my baby live a healthy life?
About This Forum:

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

can my baby live a healthy life?

i had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago & measured at 18 weeks 4 days. i had another one yesterday & measured exactly 19 weeks.before the first ultrasound, we thought i was already around 21 weeks at the time of my first ultrasound. there is NO amniotic fluid around him, his bladder is enlarged, & he will not pass urine, possibly due to a urinary tract obstruction. my dr & i are concerned his kidneys may already be damaged, & without any amniotic fluid he wont have room to properly develop his lungs so he can breathe after birth. are there any procedures that can be done ANYWHERE that may increse his chances of survival? even if they arent perfected , i feel i have to do something. they say he wont survive birth, but they wont try anything to save him because of the risks any procedure may pose to him... i would take ANY chance of him surviving over what they told me is a "next to %0 chance"