Neonatology Expert Forum
follow up about baby's right ventricle measuring 10 mm

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

Hello Dr. Yao,

Thank you for your response regarding my baby's right ventricle; it was very helpful.  Would a fetus with hydrocephalus typically have either more symptoms or ventricle measurement(s) greater than 10 mm?

Thank you very much.
10 mm is usually considered to be within the upper limits of normal for ventricular size (it is not considered to be hydrocephalus).  Given that you have had a normal amniocentesis, the risk for neurodevelopmental problems is low if the ventricles do not continue to increase in size.  I'm sure that your Obstetrician and Perinatologist will be following you and your baby very closely and will let you know if they have any further concerns.
A related discussion, lateral ventricle was started.