Neonatology Expert Forum
had typhoid when i was 23 weeks pregnant

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

hi....i really appreciated your help in answering my questions...however i have another one for you....i had typhoid when i was 23 weeks pregnant..and it got really bad...had 103 fever with chills for 4 days and had to be treated with Rocifen.1000mg for 3 days in IV...i think i might be spelling it wrong...and for the fever i had 2 panadol 500mg each at an interval of 4 hours...
im really worried now about the baby...will typhoid have affected the baby in any way?will the antibiotic i had affect anything?ive had two ultra sounds after that...now im 30 weeks pregnant...and everything seems ok but my amniotic fluid has "decreased slightly" and that issue with the ventricles being 9 mm came up...but i dun think the ventricle issue would be connected to typhoid.....the doc said it was not..but i they said the decrease in amnio is because of the antibiotic i had and because i got dehydrated during typhoid...
please help me,im very tense and anxious....
The medical literature about typhoid disease during pregnancy is not abundant.  Although there are reports of babies getting typhoid from the pregnant mother, there are also reports where not babies were infected.  The fact that your ultrasounds are relatively stable is reassuring.  Your baby will most likely have a thorough evaluation after delivery, both from the neurological standpoint as well as from the infectious disease standpoint.