Neonatology Expert Forum
strep b infection

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

strep b infection

i went to my ob the other day for my routine prenatal visit and she informed that she found strep b in my urine? she didnt seem alarmed by this so i wasnt worried either. she said she cant treat it now and it wont harm the baby until delivery, so she'll treat it then. now i looked up what it was online and now i am very concerned for my baby's health. is there anything i can do? im so scared to lose my baby becuase of this infection.
Group B Strep (GBS) urinary tract infections are usually treated without any further problems to either the mother or the baby.  GBS urinary infection does increase the risk of infection for the baby: this is why it is important to treat the urinary infection as soon as possible.