Neonatology Expert Forum
twins with baby a small stomach

Questions in the Neonatology Forum are being answered by medical professionals and experts.

twins with baby a small stomach

my daughter in 32 weeks pregnant with twins, baby a is in the 13 percentile for weight and has been diagnosed with a small abdomen. baby b is also ubderweight at 30 ercentile. what does this mean? all info online is a bit disturbing. my daughter is already being treeted by a perinatal clinic as she has chronic itp and one prior miscarrage (miscarriage) with c??? shaped uterus and kindey problems NOS. we are waiting for more tests. she will be seen every few days for two weeks and then further diagnoses. the dr is not saying much yet but seems concerned.
There are many possible causes for small babies, and the best person to discuss them with is the Obstetrician or Perinatologist.  The physician taking care of your daughter has the best overall perspective on her history, medical condition, and the progress of the babies.  All these factors (and more) need to be considered when discussing possible reasons for babies that are smaller than expected.