Nephrotic Syndrome Community
High proteinuria and high comsumption of dietary Supps
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

High proteinuria and high comsumption of dietary Supps

about 3 weeks ago i was on a very high protein and creatine diet ( im a bodybuilder ) my proteinuria came up to be .71 gr/24 hour, im wondering if there is a relationship between the protein/creatine supps and high levels of proteinuria?

also, how high are the results, should i be concern?

Thanks so much for the help.
6515272_tn?1382001213
first of all ..heavy exercise can cause muscle breakdown which releases myoglobin which is very toxic for your nephrons.and with exercise induced hypertension albumin eflux from your body is ten times more then normal circumstances.Thats called functional proteinuria.thats normal.you have nothing to worry about.there is one more thing u can do..ask the pathologist or  your doctor to check for RBC in urine the structure of RBC under microscope will tell them the source of the RBC.generally in exe induced hypertension RBC is seldomly seen..but if there is some rbc pathologist can tell you exactly what you have.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nephrotic Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...