Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Membraneous Glomurulonephritis (MGN) Treatment vs Prednisone

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Two weeks ago I had a kidney biopsy due to gross proteinuria, low albumin, edema of the ankles and extreame fatigue. Yesterday my doctor advised me of wHat he suspected that I had MGN. He wants to put me on Prednisone but I am terrified of this steroid and its side effects. My question is does anyone know of any other medication or treatment that would be better than Prednisone? For the time being he is increasing my B/P meds as well as my water pill uintil testing comes back for lung or colon cancer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated I am terrified of Prednisone