Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Nephrotic Syndrom(syndrome)

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Nephrotic Syndrom(syndrome)

I am nineteen and thinking about having a baby,I was diagnosed with nephrotic syndrome in my first pregnancy two and a half years ago where i later developed pre eclampsiaand delivered at twenty eight weeks by c-section.I was looking for any info that would help.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. You are at increased risk to have preeclampsia in a subsequent pregnancy if you had preeclampsia in a previous one. The risk is increased depending on both the severity and time when the disorder first appeared in the first pregnancy. The earlier In pregnancy you developed preeclampsia and the more severe the disorder the more likely it is to recur.
To improve the outcome check with a doctor for detailed evaluation of your blood pressure and kidney function.  Clotting function should be assessed if you have had vein clots before.
Try to lose weight if obese, it reduces  risk of developing eclampsia again. Control of diabetes, if you have, before pregnancy reduces risk of having preeclampsia again.
To improve the outcome, consult a physician regularly. Good prenatal care and strict adherence to all the antenatal visits, baseline blood and urine tests and repitions to aid in early detection of the condition. Subsequent antenatal visits may become more frequent.
If you develop preeclampsia you and the baby will be monitored regularly.  The time of termination of pregnancy will depend on the clinical judgement of the gynecologist.
Take care