Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Nephrotic Syndrome??

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Nephrotic Syndrome??

I've been told by my primary care physician that I have enormous amounts of protein in my urine. One reading was over 6000 and the second test was over 3500. He told me I have Nephrotic Syndrome. When researching this it's vague just what it is and could be a number of things. I don't know how serious any of them are though. He's sending me to a Nephrologist for further testing but my appointment isn't until October!! I'm becoming worried. About 3 months ago I noticed my urine was all foamy and is all the time. I have to urinate about 10 times during the day and every other hour at night. I'm SO tired all of the time and my feet and legs are swollen badly some days and not too bad on others. Are these symptoms related to the high protein in my urine? Do any of these symptoms point to a specific disease? Do I call my doctor and complain that I have to wait so long for an appointment? Thanks for any help!!
I was in the same boat,i was diagnosed with iga nephropathy.The swelling in your body is probably from the high protein and you may be tired from spilling so much in your urine,also make sure your doctor keeps an eye on your blood pressure and october will be here before you know it so try to calm down and think positive or you will work yourself into a panic.  chris
Thanks so much for the comment. I'm really trying not to panic over this issue.
not trying to scare or frreak u out, that is how my problems startes. i have and excuse my spelling is" glamerialmenephriates...n i have been on dialysis for 5 yrs now. mine was caused by streph throat. please get this checked out right way and good luck will be saying a prayer for u.... brian
I agree with Jollyman069 you should get this checked out asp. My Grandaughter had Nephrotic Syndrone, she was losing a large amounts of protein and retaining a lot of fluid. She went into the hospital soon as they found out, she was almost in Kidney failer.
For starters. you need to watch your fluid intake and the amount of salt you are consuming. this may help in your swelling until you see your nephrologist.I was diagnosed with NS a year ago and still struggle with it. Your Dr. will not know for sure what kind of NS you have until you have a biopsy done and then he will get you started with treatment. Your blood pressure and cholesterol will also need to be kept under control. Over time and with the help of meds , your swelling will come down some. Try not to panic. This is something that we all have to deal with until hopefully one day we go into remission. Good luck and take care.
Nephrotic syndrme.charcterized by loss of proteins in urine leading to swelling of body ,increased risk of infections,increased levels of cholesterol etc..restrict ur salt intake and try hygenic practices.avoid tomatoes.etc ...ofcourse ur nephrologist plans out diagnosis
Sory its diet plan nt diagnosis.ur treatment n ur health condition depends on the cause. Hoping n praying 4 ur good health