Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Pregnancy with Nephrotic Syndrome
About This Community:

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Pregnancy with Nephrotic Syndrome

I am a 22 year old girl with Nephrotic Syndrome which was diagnosed when I was 18. I was previously on Steriods for the first year, then was medication free for a year. When my kidneys started leaking protein again I was put on Ramipril. This is now my 3rd year on Ramipril but I am still leaking around 3+ of protein. My doctor keeps telling me that I cannot get pregnant on this medication. I am just wondering what the likely outlook it for my condition if it continues as it is and also what would happen if I wanted to become pregnant? Is there any other medication I could take instead or would my Kidneys not be able to cope?

Thank you,
Hannah
2129836_tn?1335500208
we should have a well knowing of the relationship between pregnancy and Nephrotic Syndrome.
1. The types of Nephrotic Syndrome in pregnancy
Nephrotic Syndrome in pregnancy can be divided into four types:
· Nephrotic Syndrome associated with pre-eclampsia
It is the most common type of Nephrotic Syndrome in pregnancy.
· Cyclic Nephrotic Syndrome of Pregnancy
Its characteristic is it will attack in the duration of pregnancy, and will remit spontaneously after the pregnancy terminates. However, it will relapse when the women are pregnant once again. This type is rarely seen.
http://kidney-cares.blogspot.com/2013/06/pregnancy-in-nephrotic-syndrome.html
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Nephrotic Syndrome Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank