Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Protein in urine

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Protein in urine

I am a diabetic and was told I have traces of protein in my urine. I am on a 40/40/20 diet. 40% of my diet is protein.  Will eating all the protein make my kidney's work harder and make my situation worse?
I am not familiar with this "40/40/20" diet, however, 40% protein is too high.
I wouldn't recommend challenging your kidneys with a high protein diet.  

Would recommend consulting your physician about this being that you are Diabetic.  
pre-diabetic condition with protein loss: My doc is applying metformin with losartin - so far results have been +ve
40% protein will tax your kidneys. it looks like your doc wants to compensate protein loss in urin with high protein diet. you need to take high dose (2000 to 4000IU per day) of vitamin D to keep your immunity level high
Consult ur doctor. Protein in urine may be marker of kidney problem .if in initial stages prompt treatment delays progression