Nephrotic Syndrome Community
Rise in microalbumin

WELCOME TO THE NEPHROTIC SYNDROME COMMUNITY: This is a patient-to-patient support community where you can find others who share your interest in Childhood Nephrotic Syndrome. The mission of this community is to provide a place for patients and their loved ones to share the best information and support possible.

Rise in microalbumin

My microalbumin is 74.88 mgl (0-29 range),with a trace protein in spot urine. All other tests like LFT,LIPD PROFINE , SUGAR, UREA, CREATININE, URIC ACID, ELECTROLITES are within the normal range. Iam a Hypertension(140/90) patient aged 43yrs, for which am under medication. I've under gone kideney scans, which also showed normal. Please let me know the reason behind my increased Microalbumin level? There is no famliy history for any diseases.

Kindly advise.My Email ID is ***@****

Benny Thomas
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. Microalbuminuria occurs when  the kidney leaks small amounts of albumin into the urine  due to abnormally high permeability for albumin in the renal glomerulus. a microalbumin urine test determines the presence of albumin in urine . Normally in a proper functioning body, albumin is not present in urine because it is retained in blood by kidneys. microalbuminuria is diagnosed either from a 24 hour urine collection or more routinely from elevated concentrations in a spot sample, 30- 300mg/24 hrs and 30-300mg/L.  This is usually an indicator of subclinical cardiovascular disease, marker of vascular endothelium, an important prognostic marker for kidney disease In diabetes mellitus and hypertension. it is a risk factor for venous thromboembolism. Correction involves the correction of underlying cause. Take care.