Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Burning Sensations

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Burning Sensations

Over the last 2 months I have had a great deal of stress and was drinking too much up until about Oct 22 (so basically for 4-6 weeks - tough breakup of a relationship).  I woke up the morning of Oct. 23rd and had this burning sensation around my neck and the back of my scalp.  Also, the muscles right above me knees felt weak, yet I was still able to run and work out.  I stopped drinking.  That weekend the burning around my neck and back of scalp continued and went into my arms and legs at times.  As that week went on they became less and less in my head and neck.  But I get that feeling from time to time in my arms and legs.  They basically come and go all over my body, it's usually on both sides at the same time.  The scalp and neck hadn't really been occurring much until yesterday again, and today.  I don't think my legs feel weak anymore, but it's weird that they would return on the back of my head and my neck gets just a little red, no raised bumps.  I had blood tests, WBC, RBC, liver, Protein-C, ESR, all came back negative.  I don't really get any tingling or numbness, though I thought I felt a little tingling in my left pinky and ring finger today.  If this was MS, how long would the initial symptoms last, would they come back?  What are my chances of having this?  I don't have a family history.  
A related discussion, Unexplained parethesia was started.