Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Hemangioma in Upper Thoracic Vertebral Bodies

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

I am a 38 year old man and over the last few months, progressively lost strength and muscle mass in my left arm. At this point, i am not able to perform mundane tasks with my left arm including buttoning  a shirt. Muscular Atrophy.

Cervical MRI came up normal but EMG of my left hand indicated..according to the neurologist symptoms of  Motor Neuron Disease and the neurologist said it looked like ALS. But he felt we needed to perform other tests to eliminate other possibilities.
There is no familial history of ALS, though i've seen enough literature that indicates that its about 90% sporadic.

Needless to say, i've been worried sick and crying myself sore...being a father of two young children.

In the last few days, i was beginning to notice weakness in both legs, evident mostly when i descend a flight of stairs.

A second MRI (left Brachial Plexus) shows a normal impression except for a statement in there that states "A hemangioma is present in one of the upper thoracic vertebral bodies"

I just collected the test result from the MRI lab and i'm checking to see what this result means to my chances. Also, what would be the best line of action as far as treatment. Also, can the muscular atrophy as well as the progressive loss of strength in my legs be caused by the same Hemangioma?

Thank you
Indianapolis IN
1 Comment
how long does it take to get a response to a paid posting?