Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
My daughters MRI results
About This Forum:

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My daughters MRI results

My 10 year old, very healthy, daughter recently had her first ever seizure and the MRI results were as follows;

MRI images through the brain demonstrate a moderate sized developmental venous anomaly located within the left frontal lobe. This is best demonstrated on the contrast-enhanced study. There is a large supplying cortical vein supplying the DVA which measures 3mm x 30mm. At the tip of the venous anomaly, adjacent to the frontal horn of the left lateral ventricle there is a small focus of high T2 and Flair signal intensity which measures 6mm. There are no findings to suggest a localized bleed.

The cerebral hemispheres otherwise appear symmetric and preserved. Ventricles are normal. Cerebellar hemispheres appear symmetric and preserved. The midline structures of the brain are preserved. No additional areas of abnormal enhancement demonstarted.

We are meeting with a neruosurgeon in two weeks and in the mean time my daughter has regular periods of pain in her temple, cheek bone and upper molars.

I am not certain of the meaning of the MRI results above, could you please offer some insight and what it could suggest.

Thanks