Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Neck Positional CSF Blockage

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Neck Positional CSF Blockage

I have been having lots of symptoms that seem to mimick low/high CSF pressure. But they are mostly temporary. For instance, I have gotten pressure headaches that last 5-20 minutes. I also get sudden pressure headaches that go away in seconds upon moving my head/neck. I wake up in the middle of the night with dizziness/lightheadedness and neck pain that I can get to significantly go down by rolling over.

I have also felt ear pressure and had tinnitus changes that "seem" to happen with head position, but not repeatably.

I have also had sporadic sensations of fluid moving from my neck into my head as well as sudden warming sensations in my neck.

About 2 months ago, I had a halloween costume on that weighed about 40 pounds and hung from my neck. All of this started then.

I have had a brain and cervical MRIs w/o contrast, a caratid artery ultrasound, and neck xray. All were normal.

Since my symptoms seem to be position dependent, and not all that significant when standing straight or laying on my back, I am  wonding if there could be damage to some part of my neck (ie. ligaments, tendons, muscles, etc) that is allowing my neck to get into positions that limit csf flow, but look normal when lying down or standing up straight, and thus not show up on the xrays or MRI's taken so far.
Dear Sphengolly,
How are you doing? previously about a fortnight back, i had answered a similar question of yours.
It appears that there was no relief for you, hence you have posted it again... am i right??
All your reports are perfectly normal, hence i would suggest you to meet a good councilor.Sometimes the body has other types of problems which a good councilor can solve as we orthopaedician/Neurologist pay importance to the scan reports,etc.Hence i suggested for this option.
Neuro Medications will not help you presently.
Regards
You are correct that there is no relief. But you did not answer my question. I want to know the extent that position of the neck can alter the reports just as it alters my symptoms.
Dear Sphengolly,
If there is some damage causing CSF leak, then it should had been captured in the MRI scan or may had been presented as a bump/swelling.So i guess there is not evidence of the same.
In case of muscle / tendon injury, MRI would had picked it up as discontinuation of the muscle fibers or some sort of vague swelling.This was also lacking here.
So you can see that the position has no relation with the scan results.
Regards