Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Parkinsons Fear

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Parkinsons Fear

I have a fear that I have Parkinsons Disease but my dr's don't seem to think so.  I am a 34 year old female.  My left hand tremors when it is in a resting position similar to the way you hold your hands while meditating in yoga.  If I hold my hand like that or even when it's just laying in my lap my hand will tremor.  It stops when I move it.  I also have pain in the hand similar to what I think arthritis might feel like and my arm also has a dull achy pain.  At times it feels like my whole arm is shaking but it's not visible, it's more internal.  I have the internal shaky feeling all over actually.  My concern is that this is the very early stages of Parkinson's disease but not one is convinced.  My MD referred me to a neurologist and she was not concerned with the tremor.  She said some people tremor.   I was told it was maybe anxiety.   Can anxiety cause tremors?  I am having a hard time moving on from this and obsess about it all day long.  I'm constantly checking my hand to see if the tremor is still there...... which it is.  I am convinced it is early Parkinsons disease.  I don't have any of the other Parkinsons symptoms but feel it is just a matter of time.  Does this sound like Parkinson's disease to you?  Should I get a second opinion from a different neurologist?
Dear Friend,
I would also co-relate it with Anxiety as Parkinson disease has too many findings and is easily identifiable and is associated with old age and stiffness also.
Stress/Anxiety are most common factors which can mimics the same.
I would prefer you having more sessions related to calmness and remove the stress levels as anxiety are mainly related to the same.
I would prefer that you don't go for a second opinion presently and wait for a while.
If these symptoms persist for more duration, then we may consider for a second opinion.
Also increase the Magnesium content of your diet my consuming more amount of peanuts/wheat/butter/soya for a better situation.
Feel free to discuss more.
Regards...
Thanks for your response.  I started taking mega magnesium about a 8 days ago.  Tremor and internal shakiness are still there.  How long would it typically take for a supplement to help.  I have had the hand tremor for almost 2 weeks now.  I made an appointment with a counselor to see if I can work on this anxiety issue and if I can't get the anxiety under control through therapy and counseling I will consider taking a prescription to see if that helps.  I hate to take meds though unless I absolutely have to. So stress and anxiety can really cause tremors?  Can it be over active nerves?  
One last question.  With Parkinsons would an EMG be  normal or abnormal?  I had an emg of that hand last week and the neuro said it was normal.  It did not really settle my mind because I thought with Parkinsons it could still show a normal emg.  
I was also told that I have benign fasiculation syndrome about a year ago.  Could that be  cause of tremors?  

You need to help your body to build up your immune system.The breathing exercises - pranayam is a holistic approach creating extra oxygen supply in the body and will slowly help with the health problem.Do the pranayam to see the benefits.If you feel tired or dizzy stop, and resume after 1 minute.Build up your timing slowly and after two weeks at the suggested duration you will start to notice benefits.First the anxiety will decrease, as you concentrate on the breathing, and the tremor may take up to 4 months to disappear.Be patient and do the pranayam with concentration.

Bhastrika - Take a long deep breath into the lungs(chest not tummy) via the nose and then completely breathe out through the nose.Duration upto 5 minutes.

Kapalbhati -(Do it before eating) Push air forcefully out through the nose about once per second. Stomach will itself go in(contract in). The breathing in(through the nose) will happen automatically. Establish a rhythm and do for 15 to 30 minutes twice a day.  Not for pregnant women. Seriously ill people do it gently.

Anulom Vilom - Close your right nostril with thumb and deep breath-in through left nostril  
then – close left nostril with two fingers and breath-out through right nostril  
then -keeping the left nostril closed  deep breath-in through right nostril
then - close your right nostril with thumb and breath-out through left nostril.
This is one cycle of anulom vilom.
Repeat this cycle for 15 to 30  minutes twice a day.
You can do this before breakfast/lunch/dinner or before bedtime or in bed.Remember to take deep long breaths into the lungs.You can do this while sitting on floor or chair or lying in bed.

Bhramri Pranayam -Close eyes. Close ears with thumb, index finger on forehead, and rest three fingers on base of nose touching eyes. Breathe in through nose. And now breathe out through nose while humming like a bee.
Duration : 5 to 10 times