Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Sudden Numbness in Brain

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Sudden Numbness in Brain

Hi there, for about the last 8 weeks I have been having headaches everyday and also experiencing a feeling of sudden numbness that comes on really fast and hard. I compare it to the feeling of when your leg goes numb and you try to walk on it. It's a scary feeling and it happened while driving the other day and almost had to have my daughter take the wheel. Then again tonight at dinner. In the beginning they were happening more but smaller feeling. Now they are happening further apart but last for about 10-15 seconds and if I'm not holding onto something I feel like I could fall. Tonight I closed my eyes and couldn't tell if the room was spinning but when I was driving and it happened everything kinda 'shifted.' I don't think it's vertigo as I had that before and this is a total different sensation. I'm not on any medications. I used to be on Effexor three years ago but have been off completely since then. When I got off the Effexor, I had 'brain zaps' and this is not like those either. This is like a complete 'numbing' sensation that washes over the top of my head and lasts (intensifies) and then washes away like a wave. I have no insurance. Thanks for any help you can give. I'm afraid of a brain aneurysm.
Dear Friend,
As per your description, it should not be overlooked. I would suggest you for a MRI scan as only after that we can proceed.Would not prefer you to think about aneurysm as it's one of the extremes of the diagnosis.
So keep your cool and don't think on that context.
However get a scanning done and then we can discuss it further.
Regards
i am to experiencing some numbnesss in the ride side of my brain..its very painful..i cannot sleep on my head at all, there is pain that shoots up from the back right side of my head and i dont know what to think of it anymore...my muscle spasms all day, and the pain moves all over my head, i never have a good day of rest..my body aches all over, i wake up sore from every part of my body, i dont understand anything anymore..