Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Tingling in fingers and other body parts
About This Forum:

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Tingling in fingers and other body parts

Hello and thanks for your answer. I am a 26 year old male that is otherwise healthy. I do obsess over health issues and have recently been prescribed porzak.

For the past week I have noticed tingling sensations in both hands (mostly the pointer, ring and index fingers), sometimes my toes, and on one spot on my scalp. Of course I googled this, and am now terrified of MS (no family history of this). The tingling comes and goes, and in regard to my fingers usually only effects the tips.

1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with benign fasiculation syndrome (BFS). I was experiencing widespread twitching - I underwent and EMG (w/ fine needle) and an MRI. However, I don't remember having any tingling. My father is a doctor and said he is not concerned, but I obsess over things like this.

Should I be concerned about MS? Other than the tingling I don't have any symptoms. Would MS present like this?