Neurology / Neurosurgery Expert Forum
Tingling in fingers and other body parts

This Neurology & Neurosurgery forum is for questions and information regarding Rheumatoid Arthritis Neurology & Neurosurgery conditions and symptoms. All questions will receive a personal answer from a medical expert.

Hello and thanks for your answer. I am a 26 year old male that is otherwise healthy. I do obsess over health issues and have recently been prescribed porzak.

For the past week I have noticed tingling sensations in both hands (mostly the pointer, ring and index fingers), sometimes my toes, and on one spot on my scalp. Of course I googled this, and am now terrified of MS (no family history of this). The tingling comes and goes, and in regard to my fingers usually only effects the tips.

1 1/2 years ago I was diagnosed with benign fasiculation syndrome (BFS). I was experiencing widespread twitching - I underwent and EMG (w/ fine needle) and an MRI. However, I don't remember having any tingling. My father is a doctor and said he is not concerned, but I obsess over things like this.

Should I be concerned about MS? Other than the tingling I don't have any symptoms. Would MS present like this?
Dear PennStatePride,

Thanks for the query.

From the description of the symptoms and the past history of BFS (Benign Fasciculation syndrome), I personally feel you are suffering from anxiety neurosis.

I personally feel your symptoms are non-specific and do not support the diagnosis of MS (Multiple Sclerosis). Isolated Tingling involving the hands and feet is not suggestive of MS in the absence of other symptoms.
Measures to reduce anxiety like deep breathing, yoga, meditation and yoga can help relieve your symptoms.

Let me know if I have missed out any other concern in your question.

Hope that this information helps and hope that you will get better soon.

Thank you for using MedHelp's "Ask an Expert" Service, where we feature some of world's renowned medical experts in their fields. Millions have benefitted from our service to get personalized advice for them and for their loved ones.

Best Regards,
Dr. Shiva Kumar R